January 22nd, 2020
A lot of patients ask us why Drs. Saba and Mina and our team at Saba Orthodontics work tirelessly to give our patients straight teeth. Of course it’s nice to have a smile full of evenly-aligned teeth, but did you know that straightening your teeth can keep them healthier as well? Straight teeth lead to better oral hygiene, increasing your chances of keeping your own natural teeth for a lifetime!
Straight teeth are also less prone to decay, because they collect less plaque, that sticky colorless substance that forms on our teeth. When you visit Saba Orthodontics for your initial consultation, Drs. Saba and Mina will examine all aspects of your teeth, face, smile, and jaw.
If you’re wondering whether your teeth might cause problems because they are out of alignment, please give us a call to set up an initial orthodontic consultation at our convenient Washington DC, or Sterling office. Drs. Saba and Mina can help you decide whether or not you will benefit from orthodontic treatment.
Questions? Give us a call, ask us below or on our Facebook page!
January 15th, 2020
You have several options for orthodontic treatments that effectively straighten teeth. Damon™ Smile braces are a good option for patients who desire a method that is quick, convenient, and discreet.
Many patients want to avoid traditional braces that can cause pressure and uncomfortable pain. Traditional braces have wires and brackets that extend throughout the mouth, which gradually move teeth into their proper position with some pressure. They also use ties that connect wires to the teeth.
Damon Smile technology is different because it helps to guide teeth gently into place by reducing the amount of force. When you can wear braces in comfort, the process becomes much less intimidating.
The Benefits of Damon Smile Braces
- Faster results. Damon braces don’t contain metal or plastic ties, so there’s no need to tighten the wire on them. Damon Smile also has a unique system that allows for self-ligating. This system has a specialized clip with a “door” in place of the elastics in traditional braces.
- Fewer appointments. Lightweight, shape-memory wires allow teeth the freedom to move faster, without the need for as many adjustments.
- Comfort. Damon Smile realigns teeth and enhances facial appearance without extracting any teeth or using rapid palatal expanders. The slide mechanism facilitates more comfortable repositioning of your teeth.
- Better oral health. Damon braces are easier to clean because they don’t have ties attached where food particles commonly get stuck.
- Helps with facial balance. These braces can help achieve a wider smile, improves facial profiles, and help to decrease dark triangles that appear in the corners of the mouth.
If you’re considering a braces treatment for yourself or your child, ask Drs. Saba and Mina about the Damon Smile system and how this orthodontic method can achieve the results you’re looking for. There are an array benefits to appreciate when you compare the Damon method to traditional braces.
Feel free to contact our Washington DC, or Sterling office if you have questions regarding orthodontic treatment for a more beautiful smile.
January 8th, 2020
Contrary to popular belief, not all braces are created equal. More importantly, not all braces look like the hulking headgear found in 1980s teen movies. If you’re embarking on an orthodontic journey, that should give you a sigh of relief. Orthodontic technology has come a long way over the years. As a result, Damon Smile braces offer a world without elastic ties. Imagine that! Here are three things that make Damon Smile braces different from conventional braces.
More Comfort and Fewer Adjustments
Damon Smile braces use light, “shape memory” titanium wires. Low-friction force guides the teeth into place, creating less discomfort for you than conventional braces. Instead of elastics, Damon Smile braces use a specialized slide that helps the archwire guide the teeth into place. The teeth move freely, quickly, and comfortably. Without traditional ties and elastics, Damon Smile braces require no tightening and fewer adjustments.
Less Treatment Time
For the most part, conventional braces are worn anywhere from 18 months to two years. However, due to its unique, elastics-free technology, treatment with Damon Smile braces is often considerably faster. If you’re starting on an orthodontic journey, then chances are that's the type of thing you want to hear. While the amount of time a person wears braces varies from case to case, Damon braces typically get the job done faster than conventional braces.
Fewer Orthodontic Appointments
Coming to our Washington DC, or Sterling office is probably not on the top of your list of things do, though we do love seeing you! However, Damon braces offer a convenient and hassle-free orthodontic experience. Why? The self-ligating braces require no tightening and fewer adjustments, which in turn means you're going to have far fewer visits with Drs. Saba and Mina during your treatment. Chances are, that's the sort of thing that's going to put a smile on your face.
January 1st, 2020
People have been ushering in the New Year for centuries but it became an official holiday in 1582 when Pope George XIII declared January 1st to be the day on which everyone would celebrate the New Year. At midnight people would yell, holler, and blow horns to scare away the evil spirits of the previous year so the New Year would be joyous and filled with opportunity. Nearly 500 years later, we still greet the New Year by whooping and hollering, but in a celebratory manner instead. Whether you intend to ring in the New Year quietly at home in the Washington DC, or Sterling area or have plans to join the countdown at a gala extravaganza, these tips can help you ring out the old and usher in the new with a smile.
Tips for a Happy New Year's Eve Celebration from Saba Orthodontics
- Be Safe. There's no way to predict the behavior of others on New Year's Eve, but you can be responsible for your own behavior to keep yourself safe. If adult beverages will be part of your celebration, plan on spending the night wherever you are or line up a designated driver to bring you home after the party is over.
- Enjoy Family and Friends. Spending time with the important people in your life is what makes the holidays enjoyable. Coordinate your schedules and choose New Year's Eve activities that everyone in the group will enjoy. You don't have to go to a party to ring in the New Year; some people like to go bowling, see a movie, or have a great meal at home.
- Accessorize with a Smile. Whether you dress up or have a quiet dinner with family and friends, one of the best accessories you can add to your attire is a beautiful smile.
New Year's Eve is a time to gather with friends and family, reflect on the year that's coming to an end, and look forward to the new one with anticipation. Enjoy this transitional holiday in a way that's safe, healthy, and fun. After all, counting down until the clock strikes 12 marks the beginning of a full year of opportunity ahead of you. From Drs. Saba and Mina, have a great new year!.