Transforming Lives by Changing Smiles
As an orthodontist, I have the opportunity to meet and care for a diverse population, and build connections with people while helping each achieve the smile he or she desires. The relationships that grow during treatment move from doctor and patient to friendship, and I am touched by that.
I love how, years after treatment, many patients still keep up with me. They stop by to say hello, bring in their children and friends for treatment, and send photos of their beautiful smiles at important times in their lives.
Growing up, I watched my father as he practiced dentistry. I saw how he improved people’s lives and admired the bonds he developed with his patients. I was drawn to oral healthcare and, with my love of both art and science, orthodontics was the perfect fit for my interests and desires.
Our Team and the Practice
I am humbled by the trust each person places in our team. We are serious about orthodontics and committed to delivering exceptional care. Each team member brings their own knowledge and experience to the office, and together we ensure our patients are smiling at each visit. We care about patients as people, first and foremost, and are attentive and respectful of each person’s situation.
Education and Continuing Education
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, summa cum laude – Medical College of Virginia
- Certificate in orthodontics – New York University
Right now is an exciting time to be practicing orthodontics. New technologies and advances in techniques and materials enable us to deliver incredible results, comfortably. Whether we’re providing early interventional treatment to a child or helping adults achieve the smile they’ve always wanted and doing so invisibly, we have so many options available!
Continuing education is part of my commitment to my profession and my patients. By staying current on new approaches to care, and evaluating each, I determine which are the best to bring into the practice. Each year I complete many postgraduate courses, to broaden my knowledge and skills.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- DC Dental Society
- Spear Study Club
- Greater Washington Academy of Dental Studies
I am honored to have received the:
- “Top Orthodontist” award from the Washingtonian, Northern Virginia, and NOVA Living magazines every year since 2009; these awards are based on votes from my peers.
- “Top Orthodontist” award from Washington Family magazine every year since 2009; these awards are based on votes from my patients and readers.
- “America’s Top Dentists” award from the Consumers’ Research Council of America since 2003.
Beyond the Practice
Outside of creating smiles, my greatest passions are flying airplanes and dancing.